- Neuroscience suggests that extreme brand loyalty and religious devotion have a lot in common. (Via Slashdot.)
- You probably already read xkcd, but just in case, don’t miss this great comic about experimentalist monotheism. (And don’t forget the hover text!)
- Vjack is right: most Christians don’t believe the Rapture is going to happen tomorrow, but as Matt Yglesias recently pointed out, 41% of Americans think it’ll happen by 2050. Not that much less crazy.
- A 57-year-old Wichita man got a difficult (and eventually foul-smelling) lesson about whether his god answers prayers.
- This one’s off-topic — though I suppose you could apply the story from my first bullet point and find a way to make it about religion and atheism. But I just think it’s funny and great.
Friday Link Roundup #37
Posted by NFQ on May 20, 2011