- If you’re not already reading Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, you should start! I’m not even a Harry Potter fan, and I love it. If anything, it makes me like J.K. Rowling’s books a little less, because it highlights just how awesome they had the potential to be. (Some background understanding of the series is helpful though.)
- Yes, this sort of thing is happening in Australia too.
- Mark your calendars for February 20th: One Day, No Religion.
- Here’s an interesting piece about scientific advancement during the not-so-Dark Ages. There’s a distinction the article perhaps misses between doing some math and making some scientific observations, and accepting scientific grounded conclusions even when they contradict dogma — but it’s a good read, at any rate.
- Marshall Brain, founder of HowStuffWorks as well as Why Won’t God Heal Amputees? and God Is Imaginary, has a new project. It’s an organization called Deciding To Be Better, and it’s in its pre-launch phase now. Go check it out and give him your feedback!
Friday Link Roundup #27
Posted by NFQ on January 7, 2011